1st National Case Commentary Competition, 2020 by LexGaze
Commencement of Registration
25th September, 2020
Last Date of Registration
10th October, 2020
Training session by expert on writing Case Comments
12th October, 2020
Last Date for seeking clarifications, if any
13th October, 2020
Last Date for Submission of the manuscript
20th October, 2020
Declaration of Result
30th October, 2020
ABOUT THE 1ST NATIONAL CASE COMMENTARY COMPETITION, 2020
A case commentary or analysis is an extended commentary on a particular case law. A successful case commentary combines description and analyses of facts; the rule of law applied; the judgment itself and its seminal impacts on the law as well as on the society at large.
For this competition, LexGaze invites students and academics to choose a case from the given pool and write an analysis of the same.
The Competition shall be open for all students who are pursuing 3 year-LL.B. or 5 year- LL.B. degree, OR pursuing LL.M., Ph.D., M.Phil. OR any other master’s or terminal law degree in any recognized university in India or abroad.
The Competition is also open for any lawyer, law graduate, teacher, and such other professional in the field of law.
A SOLE AUTHOR is allowed to participate in the competition.
In case of co-authorship, the maximum permissible limit is TWO authors.
There is no requirement as such that the participants of a team should belong to the same university/ college.
The competition will be sub divided into three categories. Entries in each category will be considered and marked separately.
The three categories are:
Law of Arbitration
Each team shall choose ONE case from ANY of the three fields.
A team can participate in all the three categories by paying separate registration fees for each of them.
An exhaustive pool of 20 cases will be provided for each field of law. No other cases can be used for the purpose of the competition. [Annexure I, II, III]. Cases will have to be selected from such pool only.
1. Fee Details:
Single Participant: ₹200
2. The registration fee is payable through UPI/PHONEPE/GOOGLEPAY for participating under any particular theme.
3. The registration fee has to be paid to the following number/ UPI ID:
BHIM UPI: 9161806109@upi
GOOGLE PAY/ PHONE PE: (+91)9161806109
4. After the payment of the registration fee, the participants are required to fill the registration form to complete the registration process. The participants may register themselves by clicking here. (All the details of the participants along with the payment screenshot).
5. Once registered, the participants will receive an E-mail acknowledging the payment and assigning the Team Code, within THREE days of such registration.
1. The winner/s of EACH CATEGORY shall be awarded ₹1000/- + e-Book on related field of law (sponsored by Eastern Book Company and SCC OnLine) + Certificate of Merit*.
2. The runner/s-up of EACH CATEGORY shall be awarded ₹750/- + e-Book on related field of law (Sponsored by Eastern Book Company and SCC OnLine) + Certification of Merit*.
3. The top five case comments from each of the three categories will be published on the LexGaze website.
4. Certification of Participation* shall be given to all participants.
*All certificates will be provided in the form of soft copies
In case of any query, feel free to mail us at:
We are happy to assist you over call as well. Feel free to dial to us at:
ABOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE PARTNERS: THE EASTERN BOOK COMPANY (EBC) AND SCC ONLINE
The Eastern Book Company (EBC) Group is one of the oldest, biggest and finest law publishing houses in India. Established in 1942, it is today run by an inimitable combination of skilled legal, managerial and information technology professionals, who have acquired their expertise, across generations, from the leading universities and institutes of India, Asia, North America and Britain.
EBC publishes a wide range of legal commentaries, student texts, law reports and digests, and its products include pioneering works both in the print and electronic medium. With a list of over 550 authoritative and well known titles, it is well recognised for its contribution to legal literature worldwide.
Using the finest of technological innovations, EBC pioneered law information databases for making law easily accessible in the electronic medium. This has appeared in a revolutionary form, in the electronic medium, as SCC OnLine’s Case Finder. This Information Database and search program is a proven source for quick retrieval of case-law precedents of the Supreme Court of India. The Web Edition versions of SCC Online products have also been made available since 2009 with coverage expanding to 3.4 million documents from over 20 different countries.
Share the details of the competition: